Re: Is Emacs very alive, active and improving?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is Emacs very alive, active and improving?
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 22:18:13 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnu.org> writes:

>    I mean, is there work on such a tool being carried
>    out, which I am unaware of?
>
> You can grep the net for "emacsy", which is not a
> particular program per se, but a component that could
> go into programs.

That project must be in its absolute infancy because
there isn't even a Wikipedia page on it. I have no idea
what it is all about, but I am prepared to swallow
poison that Emacs, without the text editor, for
non-textual applications, will *never* replace my Emacs.

But I confess, I *was* "thinking in Emacs" back when I
still used X. Whenever I wanted something to happen, I
always thought I'd add a hook, or make two events into
one by stacking them in a defun, just for a split
second...

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573