Paste takes 10 seconds

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Paste takes 10 seconds
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 12:43:44 -0500

My arrangement is a VNC client (JollyVNC) on a Mac connected to a RealVNC
server on an AIX host.  The AIX host is running emacs as an X11 client using
the VNC's window.  The emacs is 24.3.

If I do "kill" and "yank" within emacs, its fine.  But if I copy from another
window (e.g. a native window on the Mac) and then move to the emacs window and
do a yank, it takes about 10 seconds for it to produce the text.

This started in 24.2 I 99% sure.  When I moved to emacs 24, I had to get a new
VNC server because emacs broke (removed) the cut buffer support under the
belief that no one used it -- but I guess I was still using it.

Has anyone else seen this?  Any suggestions of what emacs might be doing for 10
seconds?  Or how to track this down?

Thank you,
Perry