Re: Changing the language of gnus menu entries

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Changing the language of gnus menu entries
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 15:00:02 -0400

> I don't have a good feeling about that.  It's already lots of work to
> keep the English docstrings up to date.  And if some volunteers leave,
> people are left with outdated docstrings in their language they count
> on.

AFAIK Usually localization works by replacing known strings with
translated version, so if the source changes, the translated version is
simply not found (rather than showing the outdated translation).

> I'm not against localizing menus, but docstrings?

Then don't work on localizing docstrings.  As I said, it doesn't really
matter where we start.  And not everyone needs to start at the
same place.  There's no much work to do here, that there's no strong
need for coordination.

        Stefan