Re: Change .emacs directory in Ubuntu

From: Kishore Rathinavel
Subject: Re: Change .emacs directory in Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 21:43:04 -0400

@Steven: That doesnt solve my problem of trying to keep all emacs related
files within the same folder, while seperating them from the other files in
HOME folder. The reason I like it this way is so that I dont need to bother
finding out which files to copy when I move between differnt OS
installations.

@Peter:
Sorry that I didnt realize that was a single command entirely.
I tried:
$ env EMACSLOADPATH=~/EmacsHome emacs

and it opens emacs with an error in the minibar which reads: byte-code:
Cannot open load file: warnings
and in the terminal there is an error that reads: could not find simple.el

But, I have placed the same .emacs in both the folders - the HOME as well
as EmacsHome

So, I tried C-x C-f ~/.emacs and I modified the first string so that I can
find out which .emacs is being modified - and its the one in the HOME
folder.