Re: Disabling a mode based on the size of a buffer?

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: Disabling a mode based on the size of a buffer?
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 07:25:35 +0200

> Tim Visher <tim.visher@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> When a buffer gets to a certain size, paredit mode specifically begins
>> to struggle, as do some other modes.
>
> I don't see that for paredit.  In a buffer with >10000 lines, any
> paredit command is still executed without measurable delay.  In which
> way does it struggle for you?  What are these other modes?

I'm experiencing it too, with 3000 lines LaTeX buffers, typing '(' can
take up to one second to insert a pair of parenthesis.

Here is the mode description :

Auto-Composition Auto-Compression Auto-Encryption
Autopair Autopair-Global Blink-Cursor Diff-Auto-Refine Display-Time
Erc-Autojoin Erc-Button Erc-Fill Erc-Irccontrols Erc-List Erc-Match
Erc-Menu Erc-Move-To-Prompt Erc-Netsplit Erc-Networks Erc-Noncommands
Erc-Pcomplete Erc-Readonly Erc-Ring Erc-Stamp Erc-Track
File-Name-Shadow Flyspell-Lazy Font-Lock Global-Font-Lock
Helm-Match-Plugin Ido-Everywhere Line-Number Menu-Bar Mouse-Wheel
Paredit Rainbow-Delimiters Reftex Shell-Dirtrack Show-Paren Tabbar
Tabbar-Mwheel Tex-Fold Tex-Pdf Tex-Source-Correlate Tooltip
Transient-Mark Workgroups Yas Yas-Global

(Information about these minor modes follows the major mode info.)

LaTeX/FPS mode defined in `tex-site.el':

Julien.