Re: I wish list-buffers used my current window when it listed my buffers

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: I wish list-buffers used my current window when it listed my buffers
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:44:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:25:32 AM UTC+5:30, Bob Proulx wrote:
> This is the classic problem.  "I love you.  You are perfect.  Now
> change."  Grr...  Instead if you want an editor with a different
> operating model then I am all for it!  I think you should create an
> editor with this different operating model.  Go for it!  It could be
> very popular and very mainstream.  That would be awesome!

Heh! Minefield here!   And its not even my war

> You would like it.

I did say it makes little difference to me.
I also said it makes a difference to those I work with. Let me modify that
slightly. If I say "Just use C-w instead of C-x" its no big deal but when those
'just's are multiplied a hundred-fold, I get written off as a weirdo.  So
that's not your problem.... Ok...

> I am sure that a very large number of people would like it.
> And best of all it wouldn't hurt people who want the Emacs operating
> model.  Please don't destroy one tool in order to convert it into
> another different tool.

One man's 'destroy' is another's 'customize'.