Re: Learn Emacs Lisp in 15 minutes

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: Learn Emacs Lisp in 15 minutes
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 06:41:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:06:01 PM UTC+5:30, Bastien wrote:
> Now here is my attempt at playing the "15 minutes" game:
> http://bzg.fr/learn-emacs-lisp-in-15-minutes.html

Neat! I learnt something -- C-j (always used M-C-x so far)

Now learn elisp in 15 minutes is really too ambitious for me to tackle leave
aside improve upon.  However Ive one general comment:

Elisp is 2 things:
1. A scripting framework for the emacs editor
2. A full-scale (turing complete) programming language

Your intro emphasises 1 more than 2.

How to balance more and yet stay within the 15 minutes constraint...
Well dunno... :-)
If I think of something I'll tell