Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:10:22 +0200

> So you have two options: either hide the fringe.  Fringes are
> belonging to windows (not to buffers), so hiding them generally
> is maybe not what you want.

Perhaps it is? How do I do that? If I do that, does that mean I
get two more chars (one to the left, and one to the right) per
line? That would be cool: I use such huge fonts - at least
compared to most other people - so while *I* am used to typing
short lines, when I browse code from other programmers, even an
extra two chars would be great, because those lines tend to be
very long.

> To change the glyph, either set `buffer-display-table' for w3m
> buffers if you want to modify the glyph only for w3m buffers.
> To change this globally, you want something like
>
> (set-display-table-slot standard-display-table 0 ?\ )

0 (zero) - is that how to denote the "glyph"?

> which would set the glyph to the space character.  But note that
> the glyph indicating line truncation in the right fringe is the
> same one.

Yes, that worked. I will try to use it globally. I'll find soon
enough if the dollar sign gets missed.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573