RE: [Bug] in newcomment.el

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Bug] in newcomment.el
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:44:40 -0700 (PDT)

> A shame neither of the people prompting you to report bugs suggested
> searching for existing reports first.

A minor bother, perhaps, but no shame.

The important thing is to get the (doc) bug fixed.  If it takes another
bug report (and apparently it did in this case), so be it.  But yes,
sure, if there already is a report (or two), then presumably no additional
reporting is needed. ;-)

> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=14376
>
> With some familiar commenters.

Including this clairvoyant comment from me ;-):

>> FWIW, a comment in the source code is hardly documentation for the
>> functions concerned.  Doc strings...
>>
>> See also bug #12583...  This will probably keep coming up
>> until there is some mention of it in the actual doc.

Thanks for documenting this now.

This thread has additional information/guidance about this issue: