Re: Invalid font name

From: Joon Ro
Subject: Re: Invalid font name
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:57:12 -0500

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de>wrote:

> You are mixing up font related things! The fonts.conf file is related to
> libfontconfig (see for example fontconfig-user.pdf or
> fontconfig-user.html). The font name you pass is according to the XLFD –
> pretty old, last millennium, needs to set up differently (with xset).

Thanks for the reply. But I am not mixing up the settings - what I meant
was that in my system, Inconsolata-g is set as default Monospace font, and
when I run Emacs it raises the error. I had the following font settings in
.emacs file, ::

   (set-face-attribute 'default nil :font "Monospace 10")

Of course I have tried

   (set-face-attribute 'default nil :font "Inconsolata-g-10")

as well, but emacs raised the same error.

> Give GNU Emacs the fontconfig font name:
>
>         emacs -fn Inconsolata-g-15

Actually this did work! Thanks. How do I put this option to .emacs?

Best,
Joon