suggestion for portable emacs customizations

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: suggestion for portable emacs customizations
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 10:04:09 +0200

Hi all,
I'm beginning to have a lot of virtual machines where I have to run
emacs, and I would like to have them all configured the same way with
the same extensions (e.g., autocomplete) and configurations. Is there
a smart way to provide a kind of "distribution" so that I can ease and
automate the configuration of the multiple installations?
The first thing  was thinking about was to set up a ~/.emacs directory
will all the lisp extensions and to raw copy it, but there could be a
smarter way...
Any idea?

Thanks,
Luca