Re: Enriched mode: avoid removing my manual indents

From: Alexandre Oberlin
Subject: Re: Enriched mode: avoid removing my manual indents
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 16:15:55 +0200

Thanks Drew for your reply. Maybe this behavior is not a bug but it is certainly confusing to me.

I can use C-x TAB "increase-left-margin" of course, but then it changes the indentation of the whole previous paragraph! Typing RET or explicitely calling open-line does not seem to create a paragraph boundary. In order to create a new paragraph with a new indentation, it seems that I must: 1. type a series of RET (to be able to navigate afterwards without typing RET);
2. go to the first line in this series;
3. indent as desired and type text;
4. go to the next line using down arrow (RET would fall back to the previous indentation); 5. type TAB to apply the same indentation as the previous line and type text.

Ain’t this a bit awkward ?

Alexandre