Re: Printing questions concerning lpr-switches and printer-name

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Printing questions concerning lpr-switches and printer-name
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 00:52:20 +0200

Am 22.05.2013 um 23:11 schrieb Marius Hofert:

> An 'ido' completion of available printers would also be
> great. Theoretically that should be possible, but I rather have to learn
> elisp first...

With f1…fn you select one of the n printers you have (maybe there exists a
clear relation between the printer's type number and the n of the function
key). So you bind a simple variable setting function (for printer-name) to a
key press event.

With one modifier key down, for example Control, while you press one of the
function keys now two things happen: you set printer n active and you also
select particular lpr-switches – if needed.

With two modifier keys down, for example Control + Shift, while you press one
of the function keys now three things happen: you set printer n active and you
also select particular lpr-switches for it and you choose an lpr-command with
enscript, a2ps, or whatever.

This should not be too complicated. With printing set-up that way you can
simply print a file (or more?) from dired with P.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Atheism is a non prophet organisation.