Re: Abbrev in message-mode

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: Abbrev in message-mode
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 19:29:47 +0200

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 03:46:49PM +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> But, how do I get abbrevs to work in the the actual *message*?
> >
> > Doesn't message-mode-abbrev-table work?
>
> Here it doesn't. The abbrev table is setup, and abbrev mode is
> enabled. I agree it is strange. Why don't you try it? Perhaps I messed
> something up. But for all other modes, Abbrev works fine.

This is my setup:

  (define-abbrev-table 'message-mode-abbrev-table
  '(("kfactor" "k-factor" nil 0)
    ("hth" "Hope this helps" nil 0)
    ("HTH" "Hope this helps" nil 0)
    ("cheers" "Cheers" nil 0)
    )
  "Abbreviation table for `message-mode'. Inherits from
  `text-mode-abbrev-table' and `unicode-abbrev-table'."
  :parents (list text-mode-abbrev-table unicode-abbrev-table))

  (add-hook 'message-mode-hook
            (lambda ()
              ;; dynamic abbreviations for org-mode
              (setq local-abbrev-table message-mode-abbrev-table)))

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu