Re: How to change default "insert file" path /tmp to home directory?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: How to change default "insert file" path /tmp to home directory?
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 15:44:59 +0200

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:52:46AM +0200, gerlach wrote:
> Am 11.05.2013 02:50, schrieb Barry Margolin:
> >the current buffer was loaded from. So
> >it's only /tmp if you happen to be
>
> ok, using mutt mailreader I get always /tmp. So mutt is setting /tmp
> somewhere as directory.

Mutt edits the message as a temporary file in $tmpdir.  Usually this is
set to /tmp.  Here is the relevant section from the mutt manual.

  3.307. tmpdir

     Type: path
     Default: (empty)

     This variable allows you to specify where Mutt will place its temporary
     files needed for displaying and composing messages. If this variable is
     not set, the environment variable $TMPDIR is used. If $TMPDIR is not
     set then "/tmp" is used.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu