RE: OS independent way to specify location of .emacs.d directory

From: Ludwig, Mark
Subject: RE: OS independent way to specify location of .emacs.d directory
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 13:33:09 +0000

Thanks for pointing to this.  I know I've had problems before with CD, and it's
apparently improved in later releases.  For example, in Windows 7, forward
slashes appear to work consistently.
In WinXP, for another example, it has some subtlety.  (It appears that leading
slashes can sometimes be forward, and quoting doesn't seem to help.)  Here's a
transcript from WinXP:

D:\>cd /scratch

D:\Scratch>cd /scratch

D:\Scratch>cd /