Re: [ANN] using-emacs - minimal emacs starter kit

From: Kevin Montuori
Subject: Re: [ANN] using-emacs - minimal emacs starter kit
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 07:45:46 -0500

    SD> This is more minimal than emacs-starter-kit and prelude. It's
    SD> intentionally meant really to just be a skeleton with just a few
    SD> defaults, and with the readme functioning as a comprehensive
    SD> reference.

Hi.  A few comments:

  - C-h t (not C-x h) starts the tutorial; C-x h runs mark-whole buffer.

  - Personally, I find the choice of mapping meta to alt/option and cmd
    to super odd; cmd is the easier key to hit and meta's used way more
    often.  Perhaps though I've been doing it that way for too long.

  - I'd consider binding M-` to other-frame (C-x 5 o), since that's how
    other OS X apps work.

Nice you took the time to put all that together, it seems like a lot of
effort.

k.

--
  Kevin Montuori