Re: java develeopment

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: java develeopment
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 10:11:31 +0000

Unfortunately JDEE development slowed down for a long time, and it has a
lot of dependencies. Combined with the Java backend which is painful to
build.

In the ideal world, I think, all the Java stuff would be dropped
(ironic!), and replaced with something like clojure (which integrates
nicely with Emacs and because of it's interop can provide the same data
that the Java interface uses.

But, there is no one doing this sort of work at the moment; I used to
develop for JDEE, but rarely use Java anymore. I really miss JDEE when I
do, so I feel your pain.

Phil