RE: emacsclient: Different --eval for emacs as alternate editor?

From: ronaldo.mercado
Subject: RE: emacsclient: Different --eval for emacs as alternate editor?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 08:36:40 +0000

Sorry no direct answer.

I had a somewhat similar problem when trying to call "org-cycle" from a macro.
I wanted the equivalent behaviour of C-u C-u C-u M-x org-cycle

It did not work when called non interactively. I had a fruitless attempt at
using call-interactively and ended up digging the source of org-mode to find
out that under the hood it did an "show-all" which is how I solved my problem.

I'd be glad to know if call-interactively is meant to solve these kind of
problems.

Regards

--
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or
privileged material, and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you