Meta Key on a VT520 Terminal (LK411 Keyboard)?

From: haziz
Subject: Meta Key on a VT520 Terminal (LK411 Keyboard)?
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:52:05 -0800 (PST)

I am using a DEC VT-520 terminal with a DEC LK411-AA keyboard to access an
OpenBSD install on a DEC VAX machine. I am unable to figure out how to send a
meta key signal to mg (or Emacs once I figure out how to install it on the
VAX).

If there is not one to begin with, is it possible to reprogram a key (single
key please rather than a sequence) to serve as Meta.

Thanks.