Re: Questions about bat-generic-mode

From: Oleksandr Gavenko
Subject: Re: Questions about bat-generic-mode
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 22:00:19 +0200

On 2013-01-18, Pascal Quesseveur wrote:

>>"OG" == Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa@gmail.com> writes:
>
>   OG> Its nice thing but you know that :: is an very undocumented hack
>   OG> (invalid label):
>
>   It is not so undocumented. I didn't mean replacing rem by :: in
>   generic-bat-mode-setup-function but it would be nice to be able to
>   change the default value. I haven't found a way to change it without
>   modifying the function.

3 years ago I also have desire to make patch that provide highlighting of '::'
as comment syntax and want 'M-;' (comment-dwim) be able uncomment such regions
as I involved in project with many batch files with such commenting style...

>   OG> Send a patch by M-x report-emacs-bug.
>
>   I am not a Windows expert and I dare not submit a patch without
>   knowing better the Windows com. For instance I discovered today that
>   echo( works like echo. and is sometimes considered better.

There a lot of batch-file modes for Emacs:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DosScripts

 * http://emacswiki.org/emacs/batch-mode.el
 * http://emacswiki.org/emacs/cmd-mode.el

I don't try them as don't like any external dependency (but "apt-get install"
accept).

So stuck with bat-generic-mode. Feature that I like and which is missing is an
indentation for batch parentheses syntax:

  if exist file.txt (
    echo xxx
  ) else (
    echo yyy