Re: Using the same custom file in two different OSes

From: Didier Verna
Subject: Re: Using the same custom file in two different OSes
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:25:58 +0100

Dani Moncayo <dmoncayo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, that would be one possible solution, but as I said in the
> initial post, I don't want to have redundancy (i.e. several custom
> files), because I want to be able to tweak some customization in one
> machine/OS and have the resulting customization automatically applied
> to the other machine/OS.

  FWIW, I do this, not for Custom only but for my whole account
  configuration with Git. I have the trunk set for general Unix state
  and an osx branch with some Mac specific modifications /
  additions. Having "the resulting customization automatically applied
  to the other machine/OS" then boils down to merging.

--
ELS 2013, June 3/4, Madrid, Spain:  http://els2013.european-lisp-symposium.org

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com