Using the same custom file in two different OSes

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Using the same custom file in two different OSes
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 23:00:01 +0100

Hi folks,

I'd like to use the same Emacs custom file in two different OSes:
MS-Windows and Ubuntu, but I have one problem: I want to define the
:family property of the `default' and `variable-pitch' faces based on
the `system-type' (because my favorite family on MS-Windows isn't
available on Ubuntu and vice-versa), but without having to duplicate
my custom file (one for each system-type), so that I can tweak my
customization at any time, in any OS, and get an updated custom file
that is still valid for both OSes.

Is there a way to achieve that goal?  If so, how?

TIA.

--
Dani Moncayo