Emacs on Windows 7: How to get color theme »solarized-light« working?

From: AW
Subject: Emacs on Windows 7: How to get color theme »solarized-light« working?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:17:59 +0100

Hi,

I'm using Emacs 24 on Windows 7. I installed the solarized theme, see here:
https://github.com/sellout/emacs-color-theme-solarized

It is easy to switch to the color-theme, e.g. by doing M-x load-theme and then
pick solarized-light.

But especially the colors of solarized-light are nearly unreadable. The colors
are not even close to the colors of the pictures at the project website. I
guess there is something wrong with a thing called »color palette«.

Any ideas? Is anybody using solarized-light on Windows 7 ?

I asked this question yesterday here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13843999/emacs-on-windows-7-how-to-get-
color-theme-solarized-light-working

But I got no answer, the question has been read by 5 readers . . .

Thank you very much,

Regards,
Alexander