Re: Printer problems

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Printer problems
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 16:08:33 -0600

> Hello everyone,
> as the subject says, I can't get my  "Photosmart-C4400-series is ready"
> to respond to any printer command.
> The version command says LGNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
> Version 2.24.10) of 2012-09-21 on batsu, modified by Debian on Ubuntu 12.10
> A search for printer problems turned up posts about bug reports and
> analysing lisp code. What I can't understand is why Emacs cannot print out
> of the box.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Michel Chassey

To get around postscript problems you can use Lennart Borgman's
hfyview.el to write the buffer, region, window, or frame to your browser
and then print from there, and in color. You may have to set fill-column
to something reasonable before invoking the hfyview functions because
long lines will be truncated. Put hfyview.el, htmlfontify.el and
easymenu.el into your .../lisp or ... /site-lisp directories if they're
not alread there and (require 'hfyview) in your .emacs This will add a
Quick Print option to your menu bar (under File).
It works in the w32 build anyway and since it's elisp it should work on
any platform.

Ed