Re: How to follow the end of *Messages* buffer in Emacs?

From: Yves Baumes
Subject: Re: How to follow the end of *Messages* buffer in Emacs?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 23:24:16 +0100

martin rudalics <rudalics@gmx.at> writes:

> For the moment it should be sufficient if you add your function to
> `window-configuration-change-hook' instead of `post-command-hook'.  This
> should allow you to scroll and edit *Messages* without any problems.

In order to correct my previous post. 'message-log-max was set to 100.
I've modified it to t - true. As a result (point-max) get higher each
time. But the issue is still there. Every time the *Messages* buffer
comes back in its window, the cursor is not in the right place. I've
tried several attempts and it did not fixed the issue. And it is ok, the
initial puropose was to play with GNU Emacs! :-) And I am getting more
and more fun actually, believe me or not :-)

Regards
Yves