Re: `list-of' macro snippet [regarding Comprehensions]

From: Rivka Miller
Subject: Re: `list-of' macro snippet [regarding Comprehensions]
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 17:49:05 -0700 (PDT)

To help focus on the issue

I dont know if they are necessary for the context of the operation of
the comprehensions macro that I cant get to work in elisp.

The original is below but the indentation does not match the original,
nor the paren matching in the last two defuns. I tried helping myself
by various google and groups searches but if there was any
satisfactory reply, it missed my results.

(defmacro comp ((e &rest qs) 12)
  (if (null qs) '(cons ,e ,12)          ; rule A
    (let ((q1 (car qs))
          (q (cdr qs)))
      (if (not(eq (cadr q1) '<-))    ; a generator?
          '(if ,ql (comp (,e ,@q),12) ,12) ; rule B
        (let ((v (car ql))              ; rule C
              (l1 (third q))
              (h (gentemp "H-"))
              (us (gentemp "US-"))
              (usl (gentemp "US1-")))
          '(labels ((,h (,us)           ; corresponds to a letrec
                        (if (null ,us) ,12
                          (let ((,v (car ,us))
                                (,usl (cdr ,us)))
                            (comp (,e ,@q) (,h ,us1))))))
             (,h ,l1)))))))

(defun open-bracket (stream ch)
  (do ((l nil)
       (c (read stream t nil t)(read stream t nil t)))
      ((eq c '|]|) '(comp ,(reverse l) ()))
  (push c l))
)

(defun closing-bracket (stream ch) '|]|)

(eval-when (compile load eval)
  (set-macro-character #\[ #'open-bracket)
  (set-macro-character #\] #'closing-bracket))