Re: Printing in OSX

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Printing in OSX
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:06:27 +0200

Am 15.10.2012 um 08:23 schrieb Neuwirth Erich:

> This is what I get in the postscript buffer.

This is not the complete PostScript code. It is just the end, with

> [/h1 (~/)]

making clear that you used your home directory for producing the PostScript
output. In the beginning you should have something like this:

        %!PS-Adobe-3.0
        %%Orientation: Portrait
        %%DocumentNeededResources: font Times-Roman Times-Italic
        %%DocumentMedia: A4 595 842 0 () ()
        %%PageOrder: Ascend
        %%Pages: (atend)
        %%Requirements:
        %%EndComments
        %%BeginDefaults
        %%PageMedia: A4
        %%EndDefaults

> When I save it as xxx.ps and then double click this file, it will be
> converted to Postscript I an print it.

Why do you convert PostScript to PostScript? Isn't it PDF that Mac OS X
produces?

> It will be printed immediately, the printer will not ask for letter paper.

Which tools do you have to view PostScript or PDF files?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete
You can never know too little of what is not worth knowing at all.
                        – Anon.