RE: disable mouse input

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: disable mouse input
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 21:04:09 -0700

> In article <mailman.8886.1347648123.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
> Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

Huh?  There is nothing in your message that cites anything I wrote - it cites
nothing written by anyone, in fact.

So please do not introduce your message that way, as it is misleading.  What you
write is presumably to someone else and apparently has nothing to do with me or
anything I have written.

> Please, take the handy emacs "tutorial", which is trivially
> easy to get into from the middle of emacs: simply do
>    Control-H and then T (for tutorial).

Thanks.  I followed the tutorial for the first time in the mid 1980s, and I have
done so again several times since then, among other reasons to suggest
improvements.

> I believe (it's been a long time) that while in the
> tutorial you won't use the mouse even once (since it
> was written long, long before the average emacs user
> had access to mice, ie before GUIs existed.)
>
> Once you finish the tutorial, read the emacs manual.

Thanks again.  Always good advice, even for those who have read it again and
again.

> I know it's bad form to suggest this, but two very
> good textbooks on emacs exist.  Google amazon emacs
> and see what comes up.
>
> Good luck!

Thank you.  Good luck to you too. ;-)