emacsclientw on w64

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: emacsclientw on w64
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 17:21:38 -0500

I used to diddle with registry to get emacsclientw to work on w2000 but
am afraid to do that on w64. I found this .bat file on web along with
instructions to convert it to runemacsclientw.exe

@echo off
:: Emacs binaries...
set binpath=c:\Program Files\emacs\bin ;; my binpath is directly in c:\
:: emacs\bin If no arg is given set filename to c:\ ;; why directory ::
instead of file?

if "%~1"=="" (
  set filename=c:\
) else (
  set filename=%~1
)
:: Run Emacsclient
"%binpath%\emacsclientw.exe" --no-wait
--alternate-editor="%binpath%\runemacs.exe" "%filename%"

After associating some file extensions with it (.bat .txt and a few
others) I ran it a few times and it worked for a while and then caused a
rotating blue circle of death (had to logoff and restart windows).
Security properties on appdata\roaming\.emacs.d\server are full control
for admin, system, and me. On the runemacsclientw.exe in emacs/bin only
admin and system have full control.  What do I need to do to get this to
work? It seems like a safer method of running emacsclientw than directly
through registry editing.

tnx,

Ed