Re: Emacs and Java

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Emacs and Java
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 17:18:22 +0530

> I think a sense of entitlement shouldn't even be exhibited by members
> who make annual subscription to FSF.

A typical donor - be it a member or a user - is agreeing to support FSF
in broader terms even though he could be doing it with narrow interests.

There is no reason well-meaning donor(s) can commission a specific work,
hire engineers (in the usual sense) and have that WORK donated to
Emacs/FSF.  Considering FSF goals, I think such an effort and donation
will be more valuable than mere annual subscription.

Working out the logistics and organizing such a thing may be beyond the
means of average Joe or Joes.  At the minimum, an average Joe should
understand either his unwillingness to do such work or accept his
incompetence in doing so.