Narrowing: highlighting "Narrow" lighter?

From: Raffaele Ricciardi
Subject: Narrowing: highlighting "Narrow" lighter?
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 12:55:20 +0100

Hello there,

I'd like a more visual feedback when a buffer is narrowed than what is provided by the standard "Narrow" lighter.

I've thought about highlighting the "Narrow" lighter in the Mode Line, but as there is no Narrow mode and narrowing commands are defined in C source code, I can't find a way to do that without resorting to advices or writing a Narrow minor mode myself that manipulates the Mode Line.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.