RE: two function requests

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: two function requests
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 16:11:58 +0000

(2) -- clause definition -- would be very useful.

Every time I land in a new work environment this comes to my mind (and then
gets buried by the work at hand).

Here are some of the core ideas that I find in my current [lack of] design:

- Extend the logic of sentence definition to include commas, semicolons and
colons. (There may be others.)
- Identify words and phrases that begin clauses (and, but, or, if, then,
otherwise, when, whenever, etc.)
- Define the hierarchy that governs priority of those words and phrases.
- Define the rules governing clause definition given priorities.

Once you've got the above(!), then motion, intelligent wrapping, etc. should be
easy.

Yours in deferred laziness,

,Doug

P.S. Is there a connection between your two requests?