Re: binding f12

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: binding f12
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 01:02:04 +0200

Am 27.07.2012 um 00:47 schrieb Jai Dayal:

> edit the .emacs file, launch emacs, other global-set-key declarations work

Did you save it after the change? Is the statement reached? Before and after it
you could insert an explanatory (message …) statement (I'm before/I'm after).
Is the f12 key defined after you have bound it to the compile command manually?
Which function key bindings are listed in the output of C-h b? You could also
isearch for compile…

What happens when load GNU Emacs with -Q and and -l <an Elisp file containing
the command to bind f12 to compile>? You could also pass this bind command on
the command line…

--
Greetings

  Pete       (: