RE: Issues with emacs

From: Ludwig, Mark
Subject: RE: Issues with emacs
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 19:49:00 +0000

This summarizes the split among the Emacs user community that I see in this
discussion thread.  Those of us who are programmer types are probably a lot
happier with Emacs as it is (and as it has been since its start many decades
ago) than those who aren't programmer types.  Partly it's mindset, but also
gets to depth of knowledge about how to use the tool -- and how to change what
it does/how it works.

Regarding bloat, an analogy: if all you ever need is one specific knife blade,
a Swiss Army Knife will seem to have a lot of bloat.

Cheers,
Mark