Re: Emacs users a dying breed?

From: John Bokma
Subject: Re: Emacs users a dying breed?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:25:02 -0500

Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com> writes:

> Jay Belanger <jay.p.belanger <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Tom <adatgyujto <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> > The search "Eclipse IDE" does not give a good measurement,
>> > because it's unlikely there is generally less interest in
>> > Eclipse than in Emacs:
>>
>> Perhaps I'm misreading this, but it looks like you disregard this
>> because you don't like the result?
>>

> I would love this result if this were really the case, but this
> does not take into account the mentions of Eclipse without the
> word IDE.
>
> Here's the same comparison without using the word IDE, but removing
> results with the word SOLAR (solar eclipse), TWILIGHT
> (something to do with the novel), COMICS (Eclipse comics), NASA,
> GPS:
>
> http://www.google.com/trends/?q=eclipse+-solar+-twilight+-comics+-nasa+-gps
> +,emacs&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0
>
> Feel free to remove additional words which you feel are irrelevant
> for Eclipse and test the result.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eclipse%20ide%20sucks
About 209,000 results (0.11 seconds)

https://www.google.com/search?q=emacs%20sucks
About 237,000 results

Which clearly shows that Emacs is the better editor /and/ you can vacuum
your house with it.

--
John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog: http://johnbokma.com/        Perl Consultancy: http://castleamber.com/
Perl for books:    http://johnbokma.com/perl/help-in-exchange-for-books.html