RE: Umlauts on Mac in 24 pretest

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: Umlauts on Mac in 24 pretest
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 16:32:48 +0000

If you're running a GUI version of emacs the Options menu has an item for Mule
(Multilingual Environment).
You can follow it until you find something appropriate for German.

There's also C-\ (toggle-input-method) which you could set to latin-1-prefix.
Then "a should type ä for you. "s gets ß.

You could pick any of many other input methods, but Latin 1 seems simple and
pretty good for most european languages.

,Doug