[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Where can I find a keyboard where CAPS LOCK can be programmed to be

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: Where can I find a keyboard where CAPS LOCK can be programmed to be a CONTROL key "directly on the keyboard"?
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 07:49:13 +0000 (UTC)

In article <address@hidden>,
ians  <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Sunday, 11 March 2012 12:50:31 UTC-4, Pascal J. Bourguignon  wrote:
>> ians <address@hidden> writes:
>> > I am looking for a QWERTY keyboard where the CAPS LOCK key can be made a 
>> > CONTROL key "directly on the keyboard".
>> >
>> > I will use it at work where I cannot remap keys on their keyboard because 
>> > that would require Windows admin privileges which I don't have.
>> > In other words, I cannot change the Windows 7 registry for a software 
>> > remap of CAPS LOCK to CONTROL (= admin privileges)
>> > So my CAPS LOCK needs to be a CONTROL key directly on the keyboard.
>> >
>> > I am thinking of a normal QWERTY keyboard where at least the CAPS LOCK key 
>> > is programmable to a CONTROL key.
>> >
>> > All the keyboards I have googled have programmable function keys (gamers' 
>> > keyboards...), but usual keys such as CAPS LOCK cannot be changed.
>> > I checked the usual Emacs forums to no avail.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know where I can buy a QWERTY keyboard where CAPS LOCK can be 
>> > made a CONTROL key "directly on the keyboard"".
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> >
>> > My configuration: 
>> > work Laptop with Windows 7 
>> > no administration privileges (cannot change Windows Registry)
>> > normal QWERTY laptop with annoying CAPS LOCK key instead of the useful 
>> > CONTROL key
>> Buy a HHK:
>> -- 
>> __Pascal Bourguignon__           
>> A bad day in () is better than a good day in {}.
>This seems to be the only solution that I have based on the replies I have 
>Thank you for the suggestion. 

For $50, buy a Sun keyboard from Oracle.  Used to be that a "type 6" was good 
(just like
an ASR-33, at least as far as the location of control (just left of A) and 
caps-lock (bottom,
below shift).

Maybe it's type 7 now.  It's confusing, because they sent me a type 7
I think it was, but it had the control-key down at the bottom.

Ask some sun users for advice.


I'm typing on a PC right now with one. 

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]