Re: emacs modernization, 2012

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: emacs modernization, 2012
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:34:01 -0000

On Feb 28, 11:04 am, stan <smo...@exis.net> wrote:
> In fact I'd say the converse; if you changed it I wouldn't upgrade to
> the new version.

I understand. Meanwhile, hundred thousands of technical people, will
now try emacs, because they can launch emacs and immediate use it
comfortably for their basic needs.

If GNU Emacs actually adopt it, i bet you'll love it too, because the
issue isn't technical, rather a cultural one.

what we need, is your help to get it thru.

> IMHO, people who prefer a windows style editor use one and people who
> don't like windows style editors don't use them. If all editors become
> windows style editors we have less choice and that's not really a good
> idea.

you can insist that vi is Windows convention if you must, but the ZXCV
keys for undo/cut/copy/paste is standard on Linuxes.

 Xah