Re: First character beeps screen sometimes

From: Aaron Meurer
Subject: Re: First character beeps screen sometimes
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:58:09 -0600

I just came upon a new problem where disabling the startup screen
causes emacsclient to freeze at startup.  So I had to remove it.
Hopefully it is intermittent (I'll try putting it back later when I
have the time to debug it).

Is what I said indeed the correct way to disable the startup screen?
I've noticed that sometimes random emacs found via Google searches can
be incorrect, especially given the global nature of the elisp system.

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM, XeCycle <XeCycle@gmail.com> wrote:
> Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> This is it!  --no-splash removes the problem.
>
> Unfortunately, it doesn't for me.  I've already set
> inhibit-startup-screen to t, but it doesn't take effect.

So maybe you have something else that is coming up at startup and
eating your first keypress.  I guess you should debug just as I did
with all the nuanced flags to emacs when starting the daemon discussed
above.

Aaron Meurer