Re: bookmark+ and constraint on inserting space in bookmark name, with b

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: bookmark+ and constraint on inserting space in bookmark name, with bookmark-set
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 05:38:45 +0100

Alan <wehmann@fnal.gov> writes:

> I am new to use of bookmark+ (see
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BookmarkPlus) and have noticed a
> behavior that seems odd to me.  If I use function "bookmark-set" I
> find that I cannot freely insert spaces into the bookmark name.  The
> space character is bound to "minibuffer-complete- word" and that is
> not letting me enter a space as I wish.  A work around is to use
> underscores instead of spaces, and later edit the bookmark and replace
> the underscores with spaces in the bookmark name.  With vanilla
> bookmarks (came with "GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw- nt5.1.2600) of
> 2011-03-10 on 3249CTO") I don't have such problems.  What am I not
> understanding here?

Hi Alan,

I think you just hit a bug.  I can reproduce what you describe.  I've
contacted the author of Bookmark+, Drew Adams, and we'll try to find a
fix soon.  Thank you for finding this.

Please don't hesitate to report bugs you find directly to Drew Adams
<drew.adams@oracle.com>, even if you are not 100% sure.

BTW: you can still insert spaces with C-q SPC (C-q is `quoted-insert')
in the minibuffer.

Michael.