Re: Search in filled text does not work correctly

From: bitterspetey
Subject: Re: Search in filled text does not work correctly
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:17:02 -0800 (PST)

But suppose you wanted to replace the phrase?  Then it looks like incremental
word search will not help, and you need the fancy regexp with the literal
line feed character.

Given that in the short time I've been watching this list the issue has come
up twice, does it make sense to call this a bug of sorts? It's a little
disappointing that it's difficult to do something as straightforward as
searching / replacing a phrase. It seems in search contexts emacs should
read a space as whitespace or feed, unless it's escaped or something.