Send command to inferior (Octave) process

From: Rasmus
Subject: Send command to inferior (Octave) process
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 13:09:02 +0000

Hi,

I have a set of macros in Octave which works as
  dynare FILENAME

I would like to make a command that does the following

 1. Find inferior octave buffer (maybe even start if it doesn't exists)
 2. Send the command "dynare (buffer-file-name)" to the infeior buffer.
 3. Maybe pull-up the Octave  buffer in a split-view (but that should be
    trivial)

I am not sure how I interact with an inferior process in Emacs.  I would
appreciate a hint in the right direction?

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs