Re: Mouse support does not work

From: Jonathan Groll
Subject: Re: Mouse support does not work
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:31:36 +0200

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 00:44:46 +0100, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:

> Anyway, GNU Emacs also supports working as a server or daemon. By using the
> little emacsclient utility you can make it open a frame. Or load a new file.
> (Or execute some Emacs Lisp code.) I haven't used this much – my terminal
> emulation runs inside GNU Emacs! (Which I also use instead of Xcode.)

Good points about why Emacs can be seen and used as just another
terminal app. However, there is a reason as to why (xterm-mouse-mode)
is not on by default, and that is largely due to the majority using
emacsclient and/or GUI Emacs.

After extended Emacs use a funny kind of thing happened to me, I
wanted to easily edit my mails/IRC/IM/web/twitter/terminal from within
Emacs. And it makes sense to be able to yank and kill terminal
commands into other buffers. So, many of us do indeed run our
terminals from within Emacs.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--