Re: Trying to use only tabs for indenting c# files - csharp-mode error?

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: Re: Trying to use only tabs for indenting c# files - csharp-mode error?
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:49:45 +0100

Hi Óscar,

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 15:58, Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> wrote:
> <snipped documentation...>
>    (setq indent-tabs-mode nil) ;; tabs are evil
> <...snipped documentation>
>
> I don't know if this has something to do with a limitation or known bug
> on csharp-mode or it simply is a personal preference of the author (like
> some other he hard-coded into csharp-mode.el), but it would good to
> contact him.

I normally do not use tabs in my coding. But I am collaborating here in
C# projects where the technical lead dictates tab for indenting (and
sets their width to 4).

> OTOH, a quick look at the begining of your message points to a
> difference on how we tested the issue: in my case I activated
> indent-tabs-mode after activating csharp-mode, while on yours it was the
> reverse. Sorry if you tried both ways.

Well I tried it now and I'm sorry that it does not make any difference.

Guido

--
Piping down the valleys wild,
Piping songs of pleasant glee,