Re: MUA from Emacs with convinces for mail threads?

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: MUA from Emacs with convinces for mail threads?
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:20:10 +0000

On 6/25/2011 1:41 PM, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:

But thing that stop me from using Thunderbird is imposibility
mark thread that I started or in which I replay-to and
specially notify me for replays to this thread.

When you subscribed to tech mail/news list it is good to be especially
notified when someone answered in thread for which you involved in
discussion because of hi count of incoming mails!

The latest version of VM, out on beta release at the moment, has a feature that helps for this kind of problem.

VM allows you to create 'virtual folders' on the fly (called 'search folders' in Thunderbird) using selectors that you can define.

The new feature is to create virtual folders of threads. So, to find all threads in which you have written in a message, you do

  V T outgoing

which means create a virtual folder of all threads with an outgoing message.

You can download VM from https://launchpad.net/vm

Cheers,
Uday