Re: Emacs+Ansi-Term Display Glitches

From: Geoff Ferrari
Subject: Re: Emacs+Ansi-Term Display Glitches
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 16:55:55 +0000

Hi Vladimir,

Sincere thanks for your suggestions. I checked and the configuration value on my
machine for /apps/metacity/general/compositing_manager was already set
to false. Changing to true didn't help either.

Incidentally, my usual window manager is stumpwm and I get the display
glitches there, too, so it might not be a problem with metacity in
particular.

One thing that helps the first glitch (the jumpiness when one has a full
screen of output) is switching from char-mode to line-mode. There's
still some jumpiness, but it seems reduced.

Best wishes,

Geoff

--
Geoffrey Ferrari