Re: Gnus: Error on setting up IMAP accounts

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Gnus: Error on setting up IMAP accounts
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 20:33:51 +0200

Marius Hofert <marius.hofert@math.ethz.ch> writes:

Hi Marius,

> The connection to mail.uni.edu at startup works quite fast (about 1s),
> but the I get asked "Buffer has a running process; kill it?" If I
> choose yes, then "imap: Connecting to imap.googlemail.com..." appears
> (again, for as long as I don't abort it with C-g).

This "Buffer has running process" thingy rings some bell.  I think there
was a discussion lately on emacs-devel or ding.  You might want to have
a look.

> Also, the (org-contacts-gnus-insinuate) statement did not change
> anything concerning the completion (I am in the "To" line and type
> "Us" + TAB. I expect to get "User", but nothing happens), but that's
> certainly not the major problem at the moment.

When you are in a message buffer, what's the value of
`completion-at-point-functions'?  It should include
`org-contacts-message-complete-function'.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
(What the world needs (I think) is not