Re: Why code completion using CEDET in Emacs so slow?

From: Judeau
Subject: Re: Why code completion using CEDET in Emacs so slow?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

David Engster wrote:

> I'm afraid I can't see any code there.
>
> -David

As I said, if you include new file every time, it will have a brief delay
when looking up members. If you try to delete .semanticdb (back up it
first), and/or try code completion for every new file included. It always
takes a brief delay depends on how large the looking up scope. For example:

(local-set-key "\C-c>" 'semantic-complete-analyze-inline)

When I try to look up symbols in a namespace (such as std:: or boost::) with
semantic-complete-analyze-inline using C-c > , or when looking up class
members in map, set, boost types..., I always have to wait for a while.
Well, I guess I will have to accept this and not to rely to much on code
completion then, since it would be slower than I type it manually if the
looking up scope is greater medium (for my own classes placed locally in my
project, it is enough). Still, using autocomplete.el works better for me.

I don't know is there a way to update .semanticdb? It seems to me after the
first time scan, if I update the file (such as add more function
declarations), it won't rescan and save to update.