Image Displaying in Console

From: Max Xie
Subject: Image Displaying in Console
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 12:10:31 +0800

Hi,

I wonder why emacs working under console refuses to display image. In fact, I can view pictures in my console, using fbv, even under emacs's shell... But emacs refuses to display any image itself, saying "Can't display images in this environment". I enjoy browsing the Internet with emacs-w3m in console, but, as a lack, it shows no images...

So, could anyone tell me how to deal this problem? Can I force the emacs to try displaying images under text mode?

Please excuse my bad English. I'm not a native English speaker.

Thank you.

----
Mail by Max Xie